The Admin refers to the people who run Outdoor Survivalist.
We, Us, Our, all refer to Outdoor Survivalist, this website, any subdomains, and any social media accounts operated by Outdoor Survivalist.
User, You refers to the natural person becoming (or who is) a member of Outdoor Survivalist
Date of Effect
This Policy remains binding between you and Outdoor Survivalist for the duration of your account’s existence.
If you delete your account, your account gets deleted (a span of inactivity of more than 2 years will delete the account), or we terminate your account, you may no longer be bound by the terms in this Policy. With regard to administrative, legal, or security purposes, you may still be bound by these terms until these terms are fulfilled by you.
We collect user data as follows:
When a New User Joins:
When a new user joins Outdoor Survivalist, we collect certain types of data such as:
- The users first and last name (last name is optional).
- The province/territory the user lives in (Optional).
- The time the new user joined. This is used to verify consent to the Agreement and Policies of Outdoor Survivalist.
- The IP address of the new user. This is used to verify that the new user resides within Canada.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Pages on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.) from other websites. Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Sharing of Your Data
Your data may be shared with third parties for the necessary function of your experience on Outdoor Survivalist.
For order fulfillment, your data may be shared with third party suppliers.
For users that join Outdoor Survivalist, we store the personal information they provide in their user profile.
All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except the username). The Admin can see and edit this information.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us.
You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
If you have any concerns about changes to this Policy, send us a message at “contact AT outdoorsurvivalist.ca”.
Last Updated: February 1, 2024