The Admin refers to the people who run Outdoor Survivalist.
We, Us, Our, all refer to Outdoor Survivalist, this website, any subdomains, and any social media operated by Outdoor Survivalist.
User, You refers to the natural person becoming (or who is) a member of Outdoor Survivalist
Date of Effect
This policy remains binding between you and Outdoor Survivalist for the duration of your account’s existence.
If you delete your account, your account gets deleted (a span of inactivity of more than 2 years will delete the account), or we terminate your account, you are no longer bound by this Policy.
We collect user data as follows:
When a New User Joins:
When a new user joins Outdoor Survivalist, we collect certain types of data such as:
- The users first and last name (last name is optional).
- The province/territory the user lives in (Optional).
- The time the new user joined the membership. This is used to verify consent to the Agreement and Policies of Outdoor Survivalist.
- The IP address of the new user. This is used to verify that the new user resides within Canada.
- When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Sharing of Your Data
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that join Outdoor Survivalist, we store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). The Admin can see and edit that information.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where Your Data is Sent
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
As was said in the Sharing of Your Data section, we use Stripe to process payments.